The curriculum at the Academy of Saint Bartholomew has been sanctioned by the State of Ohio Department of Education and is commissioned by the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association.
- Language Arts
- Physical Education
- Reading and Phonics
- Social Studies
- Spanish (grades 2-8)
These programs are used in addition to our standard classroom studies.
- D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
- Junior Achievement
- Spelling Bee
- Accelerated Reader (Reading enhancement program)
- Simple Solutions (Math enhancement program)
- “Choose Life” (Lifeworks program)
In addition to our superior curriculum we have opportunities for our students to
participate in and express other areas of interest. We firmly believe our programs
help to develop a more well- rounded individual.
- Band: ASB has an excellent instrumental music program. The band consists of students in grades 5 through 8. Students attend lessons during school one day a week. The Advanced Band meets one morning per week and again during the school day.
- Church Ministries: Servers, Lectors, Cantors and Musicians
- Art Club
- Book Clubs
- Bowling Club
- Chess Club
- Computer Club
- Lego Club
- Literary Magazine
- M.A.D. (Make A Difference)
- Math Club
- Power of the Pen
- Puzzle Club
- Science Club
- Sign Language Club
- CYO Sports: Starting in third grade, students can choose to participate in our CYO Sports Program.
- Fall Season: Football, Volleyball, Cross Country and Cheerleading
- Winter Season: Girls and Boys Basketball and Cheerleading
- Spring Season: Track and Field, Girls Fastpitch Softball and Boys Baseball
- School Choir: Fourth through eighth grade students can share their vocal talents with the academy community by joining the school’s choir.
- Show Choir: The show choir consists of seventh and eighth graders. This spirited group delights crowds at area nursing homes and malls with their artful mix of singing and dancing. They also perform at special events on our campus.
- Student Council: These elected representatives from grades 4-8 are in charge of the academy’s service projects, social justice programs and school spirit campaign.