St. Bartholomew Strives to Maintain a Safe Environment for All
Protecting our Students Does NOT Stop at our State of the Art Security System
- All employees and volunteers who have contact with students undergo thorough screening, including background checks through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification (BCI&I). For complete information on screening policies, see the revised Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse, section 1.2 (p. 3).
- All employees and volunteers also actively participate in VIRTUS Training.
- Please view the online video series “Child Protection Policy In-Service” found on the Diocesan website: http://www.dioceseofcleveland.org/childprotection/videos/
- Upon watching all three videos and reading both Diocesan policies, please fill out and sign the two acknowledgment forms (listed below) from the revised Policy and Standards.
- Standards of Conduct For Ministry – Page 17 Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse – Page 7-65
- The two acknowledgment forms must be returned to the parish or school to continue volunteering and to keep your VIRTUS account active. Please contact Mrs. Breudigam at 440-845-6660 ext. 11 if you have any questions.